I spy with my little eye…
Two pretty shades of blue and pink in the background.
*two girls kiss*
straight people: i just think it’s so amazing that they would do that, you know. as friends
*two girls have sex*
straight people: female friendship is amazing
*two girls get married, buy a house, have some kids*
straight people: what better way to grow old than to do it with your best friend
Literally no one thinks this
- cara delevigne and michelle rodriguez being called ‘gal pals’ (they’re dating)
- ellie and riley’s kiss in the last of us: left behind labeled as ‘platonic’
- "I did a picture in my Basic Illustration class once of my new lesbian couple characters. They weren’t doing anything in the picture aside from looking exasperated at one another, but I CLEARLY stated to the teacher repeatedly that they were a couple (we were discussing how to show relationships between characters via props, expressions, etc.) However, without fail, every single time he mentioned the characters he called them “sisters”. It annoyed the fucking crap out of me." (x)
- "Ugh. Ugh. I can’t even count the number of times my girlfriend has been reduced to my best friend while fully knowing the situation, instead choosing to acknowledge it the way that their warped minds see fit. fuck." (x)
- "This is 100% true. “So, how’s your friend?” “Fiancée” “Yeah, friend, how’s your friend?” “…”" (x)
- “The way that this is worded is hilarious to me because my great aunt actually bought a horse, raised kids, and has lived with the same woman for 30 years, and the majority of my family still refers to them as “good friends”.” (x)
- "There’s this guy at the 7/11 that is down the street from us that ALWAYS asks where my “good friend” is. I correct him every time and say “you mean my wife?” He just nods.
One time after I corrected him he said “so she’s wife, does that make you husband?”
I looked at him like he was utterly stupid and said “no. We’re both girls. I’m her wife.”
I just uuuugh. Fucker.
The next time he asks about my “good friend” I intend to just go off on him and refuse to step foot in that 7/11 again.” (x)
just a few of the many
"literally no one"
8x17 // 9x18
This is… interesting, this parallel. Because it’s very, very obvious if you remember the scene with Meg at all, so it should pop out to, well, pretty much anybody. So why is it here? As a cute little reference? (Yeah, in an episode that’s about storytelling and subtext and all of that juicy stuff, suuuuuuure)
We could probably look at it as just a nice callback to Meg, the demon who bonded with Cas, even called him her unicorn. We could remember how their relationship was interesting and dynamic, and how it had definite and pretty undeniable sexual and maybe even romantic undertones (maybe one sided, maybe not). We could think about Megstiel, and maybe look at it as a reminder about this borderline romantic relationship Cas had before he was even human.
But. I keep thinking about what Robbie Thompson said at Burcon, about how he didn’t think Meg and Cas were soulmates, that he didn’t know if Meg was even capable of love, and how during 8x17 he watched everyone blow up over that scene and wanted to tell them all to just wait for it, get ready for the crypt scene between Dean and Cas. And I can’t help but think that maybe the fact that Metatron says the line is a little bit significant. Because Metatron is the villain, paralleling a line said by a morally (dark) grey demon who dies later on in that same episode. Because a few seconds later, Metatron reaches into Cas’ mind and dumps thousands of years of culture into his head without permission or understanding that just the history of human stories isn’t enough to convert Cas to his cause.
So maybe this was a reference not to a sweet moment in an episode filled with angst, but rather to a relationship that seemed to spell doom to the tension that had been building up between Dean and Cas- and yet died while Dean and Cas had one of the most romantic scenes they’d had yet. Maybe having Metatron say the same words that Meg did is there to remind us that Dean was right in 8x17, we can’t really trust Megstiel over there to be endgame or anything close to it.
Or, maybe it’s just telling us that Metatron is going to die really, really soon. Who knows?
Is this circulating because if it’s not it needs to be, this armor is totally practical.
Bringing it back the totally suitable lace dick sheet armor
So can he be on my team?
I’m a cleric so I’m good backup I swear…
Who do I have to pay to get this armor design into a game?
Now this is the sort of sexism and objectification I could shove money at.
Hunter, Steph, all your demon characters now wear this.
I AM SEVERELY UNCOMFORTABLE
WHICH, I SUPPOSE, IS PROBABLY THE POINT, FOR A MALE VIEWER
GOOD JOB, ARTIST.
EQUALITY FOR SKIMPY ARMOURS YESSSSSSSSSS
Am I the only one who noticed how big his dick is? Yeah? Okay then.
needs moar cartoonish spines :D
I’m the one who noticed that beneath the dick lace lays not just a dick, but a full-on erection.
maybe i could be saved
Devil’s Trap: Live at 9:30pm GMT/ 5:30pm EDT/ 4:30pm CDT/ 2:30pm PDT
Join Claire, Caro, Dannie and a special guest for tonight’s Devil’s Trap where we’ll be discussing Episode 18, Meta Fiction, providing you with your weekly dose of fandom recs and all the latest fandom news!
Don’t forget to send in your three word reviews, here!
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Um, yes. I will be doing this.
Yes. I support this movement
watch me be loud as hell
Oh i WILL be doing this.
I LOVE and support this idea so much.
I just love the way Cas manhandles Dean to get a look at the Mark of Cain and the way that Dean just lets him.
Just like Cas let Dean hold him back from attacking Naomi in 8x23. They let each other take control of them. There’s this instinct to trust/surrender/cooperate with each other… just imagine how gloriously synchronized they could be when they’re truly on the same page working for the exact same goal.